Qualified Social Worker
Accrington, Lancashire, England
LOCUM Qualified Social Worker JOB IN Lancashire - Children and Families
Location: Accrington - Lancashire
Team: Children & Families
Salary: from £24 per hour Limited
Job type: Locum
Hours: Full time
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Grade 9 Qualified Social Worker in Lancashire
Purpose of this job
To be part of a multi-agency team
To ensure the requirements relating to Children and Young People's needs, including those who may be in need (including those in need of protection) or may be Looked After are met
To carry out the statutory obligations of the Directorate as part of the Local Childrens Authority and in the context of central government guidelines
To deliver and promote the positive benefits of equality and diversity in carrying out all duties and responsibilities.
To undertake and provide the social work assessment and support for referrals and requests for further assessment accepted by Children's Social Care and to provide any ongoing social work service based on the assessed need of Children, Young People and their families.
To provide a safe, thorough and professional social work response to professionals and members of the public; deal with all enquiries expediently and according to a common agreed LCC safeguarding threshold.
- To ensure in liaison and negotiation with professional partners, the best possible outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Within a social work team to manage an allocated social work caseload relating to children, young people and families.
- Prepare for, and participate in, planned work relating to court and court orders effectively and within appropriate time scales.
- To undertake assessments in accordance with the timescales laid down in the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families.
- To Identify children in need who may also be in need of protection and to effectively safeguard them.
- To assess the needs of children and young people and then determine an appropriate level of intervention and service provision including packages of family support.
- In gathering information for referrals to assist in the determination of whether there is a need for intervention within the continuum of need and a referral recorded with Children's Social Care.
- To ensure the needs and wishes of children are fully addressed in the assessment and planning process and that there is evidence of children and young people's participation.
- When required to share responsibility for planned intervention and service provision with partner agencies.
- When required take part in formal case reviews which will include the full range of statutory meetings and other planning meetings as necessary.
- To comply with the Directorates administrative and financial procedures including the maintenance of appropriate and up to date records.
- Be aware and responsive to, the differing needs of all groups within the community.
- Negotiate,coordinate, and provide and/or commision services as appropriate,where the need for those services have been agreed.
- Undertake any other duties in relation to this area of work including membership of the team's duty rota.
- To participate fully within the CAF process.
- To be fully conversant with (work within and follow) the Safeguarding procedures and protocols within Lancashire County Council
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
- CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
- 2 years post qualifying experience in working with children and families
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- £250 Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Assistance with HCPC registration*
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on [... Click Apply...]
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps
- £ 24 - 24 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Nov 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Social worker