Lofthouse, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
Kitchen Assistant - Bupa Care Homes
£7.25 per hour + excellent benefits
West Ridings Residential and Nursing Home
About the role
In this role, you will be the key link between the main kitchen and the serving of food to
You will assist the chefs to plate meals and prepare food trolleys, making sure all preparation areas are kept clean
You will keep a close eye on stock rotation, complying to company policies and procedures and following all mandatory COSHH and HACPP guidelines
From time to time, you will assist with catering for special events such as summer BBQs and Christmas parties.
Who we're looking for
You will have experience in working in a kitchen and hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. Confident, friendly and enthusiastic, you will really enjoy getting to know our residents.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive pay rate and benefits that include:
* Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Child care vouchers
* Refer a friend scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
* Uniform provided
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
* Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
About the Home
West Ridings is a 180 bedded care home situated in Outwood, a residential area of Wakefield. West Ridings is on a local bus route and has shops within walking distance. The home has recently been extensively refurbished and its facilities have been upgraded. This modern, purpose-built home has been designed and equipped specifically to provide residential care for older people. West Ridings also offers specialist dementia care and care to those with physical disabilities.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our staff to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Choose a career in care
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 7.25 - 7.25 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
Posted 14 Nov 2016
Closes 15 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Care assistant