Telford, Shropshire, England
LOCUM Social Worker JOB IN Shropshire - Children & Families
Team: Children & Families
Salary: from £20 per hour Limited
Job type: Locum
Hours: Full time
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Social Worker in Shropshire
The safeguarding social workers within Family Connect provide professional, effective and positive responses to all requests for service concerning children in need and children at risk of significant harm. The work is challenging, and involves undertaking a range of enquiries by way of telephone calls, electronic correspondence and face to face contacts. You will be required to critically analyse and reflect on your finding to ensure an appropriate decision is made and proportionate support is provided where necessary. An electronic case management system is used, the work is fast paced and is predominately office based.
- To undertake a range of assessments of children and young people in need, or in need of protection, and their families, by way of telephone calls, correspondence (including electronic) and direct face to face contacts, critically analysing all necessary information and responding appropriately to the needs of specific children and young people and any current or emerging safeguarding issues.
- To undertake duty functions to agreed criteria and within available resources.
- To assist in the collation of information which forms the basis for the completion of an assessment or s.47 Investigation of a child and to develop information systems that ensure their effective transfer to the relevant officer/team.
- To make recommendations to the Safeguarding Team Manager in relation to referrals that are allocated to them, based on the collated information as to possible options for an individual child, young person and their family.
- To make a professional judgements as to whether a contact should progress to a referral, or where appropriate to identify alternative outcomes , and record this outcome on the ICS Information System.
- To follow child protection procedures and other related child care guidance in order to meet statutory and other responsibilities in relation to children, young people and their family.
- To liaise with internal and external professionals and agencies, and undertake diagnostic consultations with those agencies, in order to co-ordinate various service provisions and arrange specific types of assistance for the child, young person and their family.
- To sign post service users to appropriate service provision and assistance offered by other service providers, when the threshold for a child protection service is not required.
- To complete a Child Protection Strategy Discussion with the Police in the absence of the Team Manager
- To maintain excellent electronic records in accordance with the Council's Policies and Procedures.
- To effectively assess and manage risk.
- To promote standards which achieve equality of opportunity
- To ensure personal adherence to all relevant Policies & Procedures.
- To accurately record and keep up-to-date information using the appropriate IT and Information systems in accordance with the Council's policy and Procedures.
Must have previously worked in a Multiagency Safeguarding Environment, screening and decision making on safeguarding calls.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
- CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
- 2 years post qualifying experience in working with adults services
- Current HCPC Registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
- Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- £250 Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Assistance with HCPC registration*
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on [... Click Apply...]
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps
- £ 20 - 20 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 14 Nov 2016
Closes 5 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Social worker