Home Manager (Residential)
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England
JOB DESCRIPTION – HOME MANAGER/RGN
REPORTS TO – OPERATIONS DIRECTOR / MANAGING DIRECTOR
Job purpose - To take responsibility as Registered Manager to manage all aspects in the day-to-day running of the Nursing Home. Promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to resident’s, checking legal requirements are met along with the high levels expected within The Nursing Home. Role requires RGN Qualification.
1. To manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training issues, communication with the team, the premises of the Nursing Home and financial matters.
2. To recognise and assess individuals’ needs, involving relevant professional agencies and relatives where needed, in order to formulate personalised care plans for each individual.
3. To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents following individual care plans carefully and ensuring all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
4. Responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements relevant throughout the home, including HACCP, COSHH, Health and Safety, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
5. To monitor the effective running of the home ensuring all legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are met and all risk assessments are regularly carried out (including fire checks) to meet the high standards expected in the Nursing Homes.
6. To maintain all legal and statutory records, displayed records concerning the home; insurance certificates, registration documents. Also maintain records of complaints, Resident Information Folder and Statement of Purpose, financial, employees, training, residents and maintenance, legal advisers (to be contacted before undertaking any disciplinary). Responsible for investigating any complaints, compile reports and take any appropriate action if required. Liaise and co-operate with CQC inspectors and inspections.
7. Follow residents’ individual care plans, to administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both. Responsible for ordering, checking in and stock control of residents’ prescribed medication and maintaining systems to ensure effective stock management of all products.
8. To be an active and encouraging Manager, establish and maintain effective means of communication and good relationships with residents, relatives, employees in the home along with others externally such as professionals in the caring environment, outside suppliers, agencies.
Relevant facts and figures relating to the job
Budgeting responsibilities; for the day to day running of the home
Formal supervisions of employees within the home
Supporting residents’/dealing with their personal finances.
9. To deal with all staffing requirements, responsible for the recruitment of suitable employees for the team working in the home, effective inductions and CIS standards take place, the training needs for all the team are identified and met. To carry out regular supervisions, assessments, lead team meetings, ensuring the Care Home is a friendly and supportive caring environment.
10. Responsible for organisation of staff including; arranging staff rotas, ensuring adequate numbers of staff are employed and all shifts are covered, managing staff holidays and sickness levels.
11. To be responsible for controlling and monitoring the budget and expenditure of the home
12. To support residents with their personal financial arrangements, maintaining confidentiality of all information, and that any financial transaction is recorded and treated with the utmost honesty.
13. Responsible for the promotion and sales of the Home and dealing with any enquiries.
Own car and full driving license
Good English language, numeric and literacy skills
Good communication, approachable and friendly and able to work in a team.
Reliable and punctual
Good supervisory, leadership, organisational and practical skills
Administration skills including developing and keeping records
Excellent knowledge of the healthcare sector, regulations and standards
Meeting outcomes, objectives and targets
Minimum of 2 years’ experience of care home management
- £ 30,000 - 35,000 Per year
- Full time
- Contract, Permanent
- Job Level
Posted 11 Nov 2016
Closes 11 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Home manager