Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Temporary / Ongoing
The Support Worker will work as part of a team to be responsible for the management of an allocated caseload of service users with complex and mental health needs, giving all the assistance necessary to promote their recovery and enable them to live independently in the community.
• To develop with an allocated resident(s) a realistic personal care plan that is reviewed systematically in line with agreed objectives.
• Contribute with the staff team to the development and maintenance of a rehabilitative and supportive environment for a group of people with severe mental health problems who exhi [... Click Apply...] [... Click Apply...] challenging behaviour.
• Contribute to a system that enables and empowers each resident to contribute to the service and that promotes his/her capacity to independence within and outside it.
• Undertake domestic/household duties as required, ensuring the physical environment is maintained to the highest standard.
Skills and Experience
• NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care with at least 6 months experience working within a mental health setting
• A good understanding of mental health issues and how they affect the client group
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and demonstrate an understanding of sensitive and complex issues
• Able to motivate, support and advocate for Service Users
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Deondre Sobers at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 7.50 - 10.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Contract, Temporary
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 21 Oct 2016
Closes 21 Apr 2017
This job was posted to: Learning disabilities, Mental health, Support worker