Axminster, Devon, England
Mental Health /Learning Disabilities
Ad-Hoc / Temp/ Week day / Weekend / Night Shift
Salary starting at £8.50 per hour
Being a Support Worker is more than a job; it is about making a REAL difference to someone’s life. The satisfaction of helping others is second to none. As a Support Worker you will work closely with individuals to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and personal care and administering medication to name but a few. You will need to have a caring and positive nature, be supportive, calm and tolerant, as the person you are supporting may at times be challenging, however this is the disability and not the person; empathy is essential.
Skills and Experience
• NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• A good understanding of mental health issues and how they affect the client group
• Trained in Mappa or Mova
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and demonstrate an understanding of sensitive and complex issues
• Able to motivate, support and advocate for Service Users
• Medication Trained
• Mandatory Training up to date
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Melisha Archer on [... Click Apply...]at JS3 Recruitment
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 8.50 - 10.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Temporary, Contract
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
Posted 14 Oct 2016
Closes 14 Apr 2017
This job was posted to: Learning disabilities, Mental health, Support worker