Deputy Manager- Nursing Home
Sutton, Greater London, England
Deputy Manager- Nursing Home – Must be registered Nurse
£35k-40k + free training / CPD
Sutton, Greater London
Redford Hearth are assisting a London based care group who own and operate 15 Nursing Homes across Greater London. The group are looking for a Deputy Manager who is clinically minded, but who can be moulded into becoming the 'next generation' of Home Managers within the next 1-2 years. The home has been purpose built to very high standards and has 70 beds.
The successful candidate:
• Will have at least 12 months’ experience in a Clinical Lead or Deputy Manager capacity within a care home setting.
• Registered Nurse – RGN/RMN
• A desire to progress within a caring organisation into a Home Manager position
• Experience in caring for the elderly and/or those with dementia
• As Deputy Manager you will be responsible for leading the Clinical staff, reporting directly to the home manager and acting as manager in their absence.
• You will play a key role within the home, taking the time to get to know residents and their families, so you can ensure the best possible person centred care is delivered.
• You will be responsible for creating and updating care plans to ensure they are accurately maintained for auditing purposes, maintaining clear, precise and up-to-date medication records for all our residents.
• You will have responsibility for instilling our key values into all aspects and areas of care within the home, ensuring the best care possible is provided at all times.
• With a depth of clinical knowledge and experience you will be expected to guide and teach other members of the care team in a supportive yet authoritative manor.
• As part of your role as Clinical Lead you will be expected to be aware of our competitors and general best practice in the provision of care, to help keep the home at the forefront of the care market.
• Forging and maintaining close relationships with our customers, you will act as an ambassador for our brand and play an important part in raising the care home's profile.
• You will occasionally be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours, as required.
- £ 35000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 5 Oct 2016
Closes 22 Dec 2016
Ref: DMAT- 0334
This job was posted to: Deputy home manager, Home manager, Care manager