Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Ad-Hoc / Temp
Salary Competitive hourly rate
Our client is looking for Support Worker’s who will work as part of a team to be responsible for the management of an allocated caseload of service users with complex mental health needs, substance and alcohol misuse, Rehab and recovery. You will be passionate about helping people and supporting them improves their quality of life.
• Supporting individuals with their personal care, which may include skin care, bathing or showering, shaving, oral care, intimate care and continence (including management of bladder and bowels), dressing/undressing and hair care.
• Supporting individuals with housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing, washing dishes and running errands; carrying out these tasks in full when individuals are unable to do so.
• Promoting people’s rights and responsibilities
• Working as an effective member of the team
• Providing advice and information for service users and others where appropriate
• Liaising with external professional groups e.g. GPs, Social Services, etc.
• Ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
• As appropriate, supporting services users to take their prescribed medication on time assisting them where necessary
• Ensuring full risk assessments and risk management is delivered effectively.
• Ensuring that work is undertaken in line with Health and Safety requirements
• Assisting the facilitation of effective care pathways
• Supporting individuals to achieve goals and objectives as set out in their care/support plans
• Supporting and enabling individuals to access community based services and facilities
Skills and Experience
• NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care
• A good understanding of mental health issues and how they affect the client group
• Trained in Mappa or Mova
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and demonstrate an understanding of sensitive and complex issues
• Able to motivate, support and advocate for Service Users
• Medication Trained
• Mandatory Training up to date
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
- £ 7.50 - 10.00 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Temporary, Contract
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 7 Sep 2016
Closes 3 Mar 2017
This job was posted to: Learning disabilities, Mental health, Support worker